Copycat Panera Bread Creamy Tomato Bisque Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- 2 (28 oz) cans peeled tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock (or vegetable stock)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ¼ cup half and half
- 8 large fresh basil leaves, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a heavy bottomed pot (or dutch oven), heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 30 seconds - until fragrant.
- Add onion and cook, stirring as needed, until translucent - about 8 minutes.
- Add peeled tomatoes (with juice), chicken stock, and sugar. Bring to a low simmer. Cook uncovered, for 12 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here