CHEESY SCALLOPED POTATOES
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups nonfat milk or half & half
- Salt & pepper
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) freshly shredded cheddar cheese + 1/4 cup for topping
- Paprika, for garnish
- Fresh chopped chives or parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F and grease a 13"x9" baking pan with cooking spray.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Scrub potatoes and place them, whole, into the boiling water. Cook for about 20 minutes. Remove from the water and let sit until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, make the cheese sauce. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking constantly, until flour is golden brown; about 2 minutes. Stir in milk and cook, stirring often, until thickened; about 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in shredded cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Read more >> Click Here