THE WORLD’S BEST TZATZIKI SAUCE
- 3 cups Greek Yogurt (or regular plain yogurt, strained through a filter for several hours)
- juice of one lemon (about 3 T)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, seeded and diced
- about 1 T kosher salt for salting cucumbers
- 1 T finely chopped fresh dill (can substitute mint leaves for a slightly different version)
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- If you don’t have Greek yogurt, strain plain yogurt for several hours until it thickens.
- Peel cucumbers, then cut in half lengthwise and take a small spoon and scrape out seeds. Discard seeds. (If you use the small seedless or European cucumbers with few seeds, you can skip this step.)
- Slice cucumbers, then put in a colander, sprinkle on 1 T salt, and let stand for 30 minutes to draw out water. Drain well and wipe dry with paper towel.
- Read more instructions >> Click Here