Thai Pumpkin and Coconut Soup
Comforting Thai Pumpkin and Coconut Soup has a bit of kick from curry paste and plenty of creaminess from yummy coconut milk. Delicious indeed!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2.5 lb butternut squash, or butternut pumpkin as some call it peeled, chopped
- .25 lb white baby potatoes peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves crushed
- 1/4 cup Thai red curry paste or curry powder
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 400 ml can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted roasted peanuts finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves chopped
- 1 tbsp chives or green onion finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- Heat oil in a saucepan at medium-high heat. Cook onion, for 5 minutes or until softened, make sure to stir occasionally.
- Add pumpkin and the potato to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic. and still cook, stirring for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Read more >> Click Here