Paleo Sweet potato waffle breakfast sandwich
Bust out those waffle makers for this Sweet Potato Waffle Breakfast Sandwich. Five simple ingredients combined for one epic paleo sandwich. Whole30 compliant too!
- 2 large eggs, divided
- 1 small/medium sweet potato, grated
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp oil, plus more for waffle iron and frying pan
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat waffle iron and grease well. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl whisk 1 egg (or egg whites). Add in grated sweet potato–should be around a heaping cup–plus seasonings and 1 tsp oil. Mix well until thoroughly combined.
- Once waffle iron has fully heated, pack in sweet potato hash mixture into iron, covering all of the quadrants. Press waffle iron down gently and allow sweet potato to cook about 4-5 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Get full recipe click here