ONE SKILLET MEXICAN RICE CASSEROLE
One Skillet Mexican Rice Casserole is an easy option for dinner with almost zero clean up. It’s gluten-free and can easily be made vegan too!
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and diced
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies, drained (or 1 jalapeno, diced)
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and defrosted
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 12 ounces salsa or enchilada sauce
- 1 and 1/2 cups cooked Planet Rice California Sprouted Brown Rice
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese*
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- serving suggestions: fresh cilantro, diced green onions, avocado
- Start by warming the oil in a large skillet (mine is 3 quarts) over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 3 minutes, then add the spices (cumin to oregano) and stir together. Continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Next add the red pepper and the green chilies and stir together.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes then add the drained and rinsed beans, corn, salsa, and rice
- Get full recipes click here