HAZELNUT CREAM CAKE
- 6 eggs, separated
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/3 cup dried bread crumbs (plain)
- 1 cup ground hazelnuts, divided
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat your oven to 325ºF with a rack in the middle position. Grease two 8" round pans and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Sprinkle on 1/4 cup of sugar, then continue beating to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In a second large bowl (use a stand mixer if you have one), beat the egg yolks until very thick and lemon coloured. Add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat until blended (it will be thick, and light yellow in colour). Add the flour, breadcrumbs, and 2/3 cup of ground hazelnuts. Mix to combine, so there are no streaks of flour left.
- Get full recipe >> Click Here