Gluten Free Pita Bread
- 1 3/4 cups (245 g) all purpose gluten free flour (I used Better Batter), plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (omit if your blend already contains it)
- 35 grams (about 1/4 cup) Expandex modified tapioca starch*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon (14g) neutral oil (like vegetable, canola or grapeseed)
- 1 egg (50 g, weighed out of shell) + 1 egg white (25 g), at room temperature
- 3/4 cup (6 fluid ounces) milk, at room temperature
- Preheat your oven to 400° F. If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while the oven preheats. If not, use an overturned rimmed baking sheet.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment (or the bowl of your food processor fitted with the steel blade), place the flour, xanthan gum, Expandex, baking powder and salt.
- Mix (or pulse) to combine
- Get full recipe click here