PALEO ZUCCHINI FRITTERS RECIPE (GLUTEN-FREE)
- 2 zucchini medium, shredded (about 5 cups)
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper optional
- Coconut oil or ghee for cooking
- Shred the zucchini using a box grater or a food processor fitted with a shredding blade. Put the shredded zucchini in a large bowl. Sprinkle with the salt and toss well. Walk away for 10 minutes. Rinse thoroughly under water. Really move the shredded zucchini around under the water to remove the salt. If you skip this step, the fritters will be very salty…but if you don’t use salt, the fritters will become extremely soggy and fall apart.
- Now it’s time to squeeze all the moisture out of the zucchini because nobody likes soggy fritters. Scoop up a generous handful of the zucchini and squeeze the living daylights out of them into a sink or bowl. You want them dry. Place in a different bowl.
- Add the coconut flour, egg and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-low heat. Melt a large spoonful of ghee or coconut oil in the pan. Pack a ¼ cup measuring cup with the zucchini mixture, pressing it down inside the cup. Turn the cup out onto the pan and flatten the zucchini until you get a patty.
- Get Full Recipe Click Here