LOW-CARB ZUCCHINI BAKE WITH FETA AND THYME
- 4 medium-sized yellow or green summer squash, or a mixture of colors, sliced lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch slices (about 8 cups sliced squash)
- 1 T olive oil (more or less, depending on the pan)
- 1 T minced garlic
- 2 T fresh thyme leaves or 1 T dried thyme (or less if you’re not that fond of thyme)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1 cup crumbled feta, plus a few tablespoon more for the top if desired
- 2 T grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 T lemon juice
- salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C. Spray a 2-Quart glass rectangular casserole dish (or any 2 quart casserole dish) with non-stick spray or olive oil.
- Wash and dry squash, then cut off stem and blossom end and discard.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half, then slice into half-moon slices about 1/4 inch thick. (I used a Mandoline Slicer with the 7mm blade to get nice even slices, but you can use a knife.)
- Heat olive oil in large non-stick frying pan, add garlic and thyme leaves and cook about 45 seconds over medium-high heat (just long enough to season the oil, don’t let the garlic brown.)
- For Full Recipe, Click Here