Low Carb Meatball Casserole Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef (I used 85/15 blend)
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- ⅓ cup grated or shredded parmesan
- ½ cup crushed pork rinds (substitute for breading)
- 2 egg
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp fresh minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon Italian Seasoning blend
- Low Carb Red Sauce (Spaghetti or Marinara)
- 2 Cups Cheese for the top of the casserole
- Fresh basil for a topping
- Preheat oven to 400. Spray a casserole dish with cooking spray
- Use a food processor to crush the pork rinds.
- Combine all the ingredients (except for the red sauce 2 cups cheese and fresh basil that is set aside for the casserole) for the meatballs. I use my hands to mix all these ingredients.
- Use a small cookie scoop and make small meatballs (all the same size)
- Place the meatballs in a casserole dish and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes or until the meatballs are fully cooked.
- Remove them from the oven and drain the grease.
- Get Full Recipe Click Here