Keto Pumpkin Chia Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (150 g/ 5.3 oz)
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds (32 g/ 1.1 oz)
- 1 tbsp gluten-free baking powder (you can make your own)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice mix (you can make your own)
- 1/4 cup Erythritol or Swerve, powdered (40 g / 1.4 oz) or other healthy low-carb sweetener from this list
- Topping: 6 tbsp pumpkin seeds (pepitas) (25 g/ 0.9 oz)
- 1 cup pumpkin purée (you can make your own) (200 g / 7.1 oz)
- 6 large eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup butter, ghee or virgin coconut oil, melted (115 g / 4 oz)
- 20-30 drops liquid Stevia extract
- melted coconut oil or ghee for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F. Place all the dry ingredients - apart from the pumpkin seeds - into a bowl and combine well.
- Separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Using a hand beater or electric mixer (I'm using a Kenwood mixer), whip up the egg whites until they create soft peaks. In another bowl, place the egg yolks, melted butter, pumpkin purée and stevia.
- Process until well combined and start adding the dry mixture - a tablespoon or two at a time while mixing.
- Add about a quarter of the whipped egg whites and mix gently. Add the remaining egg whites and fold in the batter using slow setting on your mixer or using a spatula. Be careful not to deflate the egg whites and keep the batter as fluffy as you can.
- Line a muffin tray with 12 medium muffin paper cups.. Grease each cup with a small amount of coconut oil or ghee. Spoon the batter into the paper cups and transfer into the oven. Alternatively, you can use a silicon muffin tray or silicon muffin cups.
- Get Full Recipe Click Here