Italian Drunken Noodles
- 1 lb italian sausage
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 orange pepper, diced
- 4 clove garlic, pressed
- 1/2 c white wine (like chardonnay)
- 1 can(s) diced tomatoes with juice (28 ounce)
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 1/4 c basil, fresh
- 8 oz egg noodles
- Place a large, heavy-bottom pan or braising pot over medium-high heat; add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and once the oil is hot, crumble the spicy Italian sausage in the pan to small chunks allowing it to brown in the oil for a few moments. Once the crumbled sausage is browned, remove it from the pan/pot with a slotted spoon and place into a small bowl to hold for a moment.
- Place in pan the diced bell peppers, salt, Italian seasoning and cracked black pepper, and stir to combine. Allow those to saute for about 2 minutes until slightly tender.
- Next add in the garlic, and once it becomes aromatic, add in the white wine and allow it to reduce for a few moments, until almost completely reduced. Add in the diced tomatoes with their juice, and return the browned spicy Italian sausage back into the pan, and gently fold the mixture to combine; allow it to gently simmer for about 3-4 minutes to blend the flavors, then turn the heat off.
- To finish the sauce, drizzle in about 2-3 good tablespoons of the olive oil to create a silky, rich flavor, and add in the chopped parsley and about half of the julienned basil; stir, and keep warm while you prepare the noodles.
- Get Full Recipe Click Here
No comments for "Italian Drunken Noodles"
Post a Comment