Bacon-wrapped keto meatloaf
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 25 oz. ground beef or ground lamb or ground pork
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup shredded cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried basil
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 7 oz. sliced bacon
- 1¼ cups heavy whipping cream, for the gravy
- ½ tbsp tamari soy sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Fry the onion until soft but not browned.
- Mix the ground meat in a bowl. Add all other ingredients, except the bacon. Mix well, but avoid overworking it because this can make the end result too dense.
- Form into a loaf and place in a baking dish. Wrap the loaf in bacon.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 45 minutes. If the bacon begins to overcook before the meat is done, cover with aluminum foil and lower the heat a bit.
- Save the juices that have accumulated in the baking dish, and use to make the gravy. Mix the juices and the cream in a smaller sauce pan.
- Get full recipe Click Here