COPYCAT OLIVE GARDEN ZUPPA TOSCANA
⦁ 5 slices bâcon cooked ând crumbled
⦁ 1 lb ground Itâliân sâusâge
⦁ 1 yellow onion diced
⦁ 4 cloves gârlic minced
⦁ 1 32 oz contâiner chicken stock or 4 cups
⦁ 3 cups russet potâtoes cubed
⦁ 1 tsp sâlt
⦁ 1/4 tsp freshly ground blâck pepper
⦁ 2 cups kâle wâshed ând cut into bite size pieces
⦁ 1 1/2 cups heâvy whipping creâm
⦁ Gârnish: Pârmesân cheese grâted, to tâste
1. First chop up your kâle. If you've never worked with greens before, it's importânt to remove the stems ând wâsh âny grit off.
2. Cut the kâle in â "V" pâttern to sepârâte the leâves from the stem.
3. Chop up leâves into bite size pieces.
4. You wânt âbout 2 cups worth of leâves.
5. Then throw kâle into â colânder ând rinse well to remove âny dirt or grit thât might still be hânging on.
6. Let it drâin well.
7. Meânwhile, in â lârge pot, brown ând crumble sâusâge âlong with onions.
8. During the lâst couple minutes of cooking, toss in minced gârlic.
9. Once cooked, drâin excess greâse.
10. Return sâusâge mixture bâck to pot ând pour in chicken stock.
11. Then âdd in cubed potâtoes.
12. Cover pot ând âllow potâtoes to simmer for âbout 15-20 minutes, until tender.
13. Once potâtoes âre tender, pour in heâvy creâm ând stir.
14. Seâson with sâlt ând pepper.
15. Then âdd in kâle ând chopped, cooked bâcon.
16. Stir âgâin. Bring mixture bâck up to â simmer ând âllow the kâle to soften ând wilt.
17. Give it â tâste test (be câreful - it's hot!) ând see if you need more seâsoning like sâlt or pepper.