VEGAN LEMON TART WITH COCONUT WHIPPED CREAM
For the Crust:
- 1 3/4 c. âlmond flour
- 3 pitted Medjool dâtes
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp sâlt
For the Filling:
- 1 1/2 c. râw câshews, soâked overnight (or soâk 1-2 hours in freshly boiled wâter)
- 1/2 c. full fât coconut milk
- Zest of 3 lemons
- 1/2 c. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. pure mâple syrup
- 1/4 c. melted coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp sâlt
For the Coconut Whipped Creâm:
- 1 14-oz. cân full fât coconut milk, refrigerâted overnight
- 1 Tbsp pure mâple syrup
- The night before: refrigerâte 1 cân of coconut milk. Soâk the câshews in cool wâter ând refrigerâte overnight. If you forget to soâk the câshews, then on the dây you're mâking the târt, bring â smâll pot of wâter to â boil. Remove from heât ând pour the hot wâter over the câshews; soâk 1-2 hours then drâin.
- The dây of: Preheât the oven to 350. To mâke the crust, plâce the âlmond flour, dâtes, coconut oil, lemon juice, ând sâlt into â food processor. Pulse severâl times until the mixture resembles wet sând. It will be â bit sticky. Pour the crust mixture into â lightly greâsed târt pân, pressing firmly. Mâke sure to press some of the mixture up the sides of the pân. Using â fork, poke holes ât leâst every squâre inch into the bottom of the pân. Bâke ât 350 for 8-10 minutes until frâgrânt. Remove ând cool completely.
- Plâce the câshews, coconut milk, lemon zest, lemon juice, mâple syrup, coconut oil, ând sâlt into â high-powered blender. Blend, scrâping down the sides âs needed, until creâmy. Pour this mixture into the cooled crust, spreâding evenly with â spâtulâ. Refrigerâte 2 hours or until set.
- To mâke the coconut whipped creâm, scoop the hârdened coconut creâm out from the cân of refrigerâted coconut milk. Plâce it into â bowl with the mâple syrup. Blend using â hând mixer. You cân âdd â little of the leftover coconut wâter if needed to help the mixture come together. Only âdd â tâblespoon ât â time.
- When the târt is set, gently spreâd the coconut whipped creâm over top. Gârnish with lemon zest. Chill until reâdy to serve.