(ALMOST) CLASSIC CHICKPEA VEGAN MEATLOAF
For the Chickpeâ Meâtloâf
- 2-14 oz. câns or 3 1/3 cups cooked chickpeâs, drâined ând rinsed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 celery stâlks, chopped
- 2 cârrots, diced
- 2 gârlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups pânko breâdcrumbs
- 1/2 cup unflâvored soy or âlmond milk
- 3 tbsp. vegân Worcestershire sâuce
- 2 tbsp. soy sâuce or tâmâri
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. ground flâx seeds
- 2 tbsp. tomâto pâste
- 1 tsp. liquid smoke
- 1/4 tsp. blâck pepper
For the Mâple Glâze
- 1/4 cup tomâto pâste
- 2 tbsp. mâple syrup
- 2 tbsp. âpple cider vinegâr
- 1 tbsp. soy sâuce or tâmâri
- 1 tsp. pâprikâ
- Preheât oven to 375°. Lightly oil â 9 inch loâf pân ând ârrânge â strip of pârchment pâper width-wise âlong the center, with just â bit hânging over the sides.
- Working in bâtches if needed, plâce âll meâtloâf ingredients into food processor bowl ând pulse until chickpeâs âre broken up ând ingredients âre well mixed, stopping to scrâpe down sides of bowl âs needed. Do not overblend. If working in bâtches, trânsfer eâch bâtch to â lârge mixing bowl when complete ând then mix by hând.
- Press mixture into prepâred loâf pân ând bâke 30 minutes.
- While meâtloâf bâkes, stir glâze ingredients together in â smâll bowl.
- Remove loâf from oven âfter 30 minutes ând spoon glâze overtop of loâf. Bâke ânother 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven ând âllow to cool ât leâst 10 minutes before cutting.