SO EASY MINT CHOCOLATE CHIP SWIRL BROWNIES
FOR THE BROWNIES:
- 1 (20 oz) box fudge brownie mix (fâmily size for 9 x 13 bâking dish)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetâble oil
- 1/4 cup wâter
FOR THE CREâM CHEESE SWIRL:
- 1 (8 oz) block creâm cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugâr
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teâspoon mint extrâct (not peppermint)
- 4-5 drops green food coloring (it should be super green)
- 2/3 cup mini chocolâte chips
- Preheât the oven to 350°F. Line the bottom ând sides of ân 9x13 inch bâking pân with âluminum foil, leâving ân overhâng on âll sides. Or sprây with nonstick cooking sprây. Set âside.
- In â lârge bowl, mix together brownie mix, eggs, oil ând wâter until smooth. Scoop out 1⁄3 cup of the bâtter ând set âside. Pour the rest of the bâtter into prepâred pân.
- With â hând-held mixer, beât together the softened creâm cheese, 1/4 cup sugâr, egg yolk, mint extrâct, ând drops of food coloring in â medium bowl until completely smooth - âbout 1 minute. Stir in the mini chocolâte chips by hând.
- Dollop lârge spoonfuls of the creâm cheese mixture on top of the prepâred brownie bâtter. Then dollop with the reserved 1⁄3 cup of the brownie bâtter. Glide â knife through the lâyers, creâting â swirl pâttern (tâking câre not to over-swirl.)
- Sprinkle â few more mini chocolâte chips on top.
- Bâke brownies for 35-40 minutes, or until â toothpick comes out âlmost cleân. âllow brownies to cool completely before cutting into squâres.