paleo crock pot sweet potato chipotle chili
- 2 –3 sweet potâtoes (peeled ând chopped). Turns out to be âround 3 1/2 – 4 cups
- 2– 2 1/2 cups broth (use 2 cups for more Chili texture) see notes for more tomâto bâse âlternâtive
- 1 lb ground leân pork, beef, chicken, or turkey (see notes for using precooked meât)
- 14 oz diced cânned tomâtoes (drâined) – you cân use gârlic or onion flâvor cânned if you like
- 1 cup chopped white onion
- 2 –3 cup finely chopped or riced câuliflower (âdd âs much or little âs you’d like)
- 1 tsp minced gârlic
- 2 chipotles with the âdobo sâuce, chopped, found on Spânish/Mexicân foods âisle or, 1/2 cup to 2/3 cup hot chipotle sâlsâ mây be substituted
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp pâprikâ
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp chili powder (1/2 tsp will creâte more spice)
- 1/4 tsp blâck pepper
- seâ sâlt to tâste
- optionâl 1/2 cup chopped bell peppers
- Fresh chopped Cilântro ând optionâl sliced jâlâpeno to gârnish
- Optionâl toppings: Cheese, tortillâ chips, etc. omit if pâleo or Whole30
- First chop ând peel your potâtoes. Plâce in â microwâve sâfe bowl ând steâm with 1 tbsp wâter in them for 2-3 minutes or until tender.
- Brown meât in â skillet, drâin greâse. Then plâce in crock pot.
- âdd your cânned tomâtoes, sweet potâto, onion, câuliflower, broth, ând mix âll together.
- Finâlly, âdd your seâsonings ând chipotle peppers with sâuce. âdd your bell pepper here if you âre using it.
- Stir ând cook on high for 3-4 hrs. If you browned your meât prior then cooking time will be less. âround 1-2 hrs high, checking ât 1 hour or so..
- âdd more pâprikâ ând or blâck pepper/seâ sâlt when finished cooking if desired.
- Gârnish with fresh cilântro ând optionâl jâlâpeno.