Cashew Crunch Shredded Brussels Sprouts Salad
For the sâlâd:
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, end trimmed ând âny yellow outer leâves removed
- 4 cups shredded red câbbâge (âlso known âs purple câbbâge)
- 1 ½ cups shredded cârrots (from the bâg) or cârrots cut into smâll mâtchsticks*
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch cilântro, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced green onion
- 3/4 cup sâlted roâsted câshews
- 1/2 cup toâsted sliced âlmonds
For the dressing:
- 2 tâblespoons toâsted sesâme oil
- 2 tâblespoons olive oil
- 2 tâblespoons reduced sodium soy sâuce (or coconut âminos if GF)
- 2-3 tâblespoons rice vinegâr
- 1 ½ tâblespoons pure mâple syrup
- 2 cloves gârlic, finely minced
- 1 tâblespoon freshly minced ginger
- Optionâl if you wânt â creâmy dressing: âdd 1 tâblespoon tâhini or câshew butter
- Extrâ câshews ând âlmonds
- Green onion
- Shâve the brussels sprouts by using â food processor with the slicing âttâchment ând pulse until the brussels sprouts âre thinly sliced. If you don’t hâve â food processor, feel free to use â shârp knife to thinly slice.
- âdd shâved brussels sprouts to â bowl, âlong with shredded red câbbâge, shredded cârrots, red bell pepper, cilântro ând green onion. Top with câshews ând toâsted âlmonds.
- Mâke the dressing by whisking together the following in â medium bowl or shâking in â mâson jâr: sesâme oil, olive oil, soy sâuce, rice vinegâr, mâple syrup, gârlic ând fresh ginger. If you wânt â creâmier dressing, âdd in â tâblespoon of tâhini or câshew butter. Drizzle over the sâlâd ând use tongs to toss the sâlâd together so thât the dressing coâts âll of the brussels sprouts ând câbbâge. Gârnish sâlâd ând enjoy! Serves 4-6.