VEGAN LOW CARB NAAN BREAD
- 1 cup lukewarm water (240ml)
2 teaspoons dry yeast (10g)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (60g)
- 2 tablespoons ground psyllium husk (10g)
- 1/4 cup blanched almond flour (30g)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil of your choice (30ml)
- Place lukewarm water in a measuring jug. Stir in dry yeast. Set aside 5 minutes to activate the yeast.
In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients : coconut flour, psyllium husk, almond flour and salt.
Pour in yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Use a spatula to combine at first, then knead the dough energetically with your hands for 2 minutes - not less!. The texture is very wet at first, drying out as you go. Knead for at least 2 minutes to make sure that the fiber from the husk and coconut flour absorb all the moisture.
- Form a ball of dough. Set aside for 10 minutes in the mixing bowl at room temperature. After 10 minutes, knead the dough again for 30 seconds. If too wet, add a little more husk and repeat the waiting process until the dough is soft, and easy to shape into a ball. Split the dough in 4 pieces. Shape 4 balls. This recipe makes 4 large naan bread, you can also shape 6 small naan bread by dividing the dough into 6 balls if preferred.
Get full recipe at https://www.sweetashoney.co/low-carb-naan-bread-vegan-keto/