Homemade Garlic Naan - Dont Miss This Recipe!
FOR THE NAAN:
- 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water, about 110 degrees
- 1/2 cup warm whole milk, about 110 degrees
- 1/2 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- olive oil or grape seed oil, as needed for brushing dough
- chopped cilantro, as needed to garnish
FOR THE GARLIC SAUCE:
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons melted ghee, melted butter, or olive oil
- season with kosher salt, as needed
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in warm water and warm milk. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 to 7 minutes until the yeast starts to foam and smells fragrant like beer.
- Add in the yogurt, and stir until incorporated. Add the flour and salt. Mix until the dough comes together. Use floured hands to knead the dough until smooth, about 3 to 5 minutes. Transfer the dough to a large greased bowl. Cover with plastic wrap. Allow the dough to rest at room temperature for about an hour, until doubled in bulk.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over high heat. Lightly season the skillet with oil.
Read more at https://www.recipegirl.com/how-to-make-naan/