HEALTHY DESSERT: KETO OREO COOKIES
FOR THE OREO COOKIES
- 144 g almond flour
- 37 g cocoa powder
- 13 g black cocoa powder or simply more regular cocoa
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon espresso powder or instant coffee (optional)
- 80 g unsalted grass-fed butter at room temperature
- 128 g erythritol
- 1 egg
FOR VANILLA CREAM FILLING
- 56 g grass-fed butter
- 14 g coconut oil *
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 63-125 g Swerve confectioners or powdered sweetener, to taste (we use
- Add almond flour, cocoa powder, xanthan gum, salt, baking soda and espresso powder (optional) to a medium bowl. Whisk until thoroughly combined and set aside.
- Begin to cream butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer, 1-2 minutes. Add in sweetener and continue to beat until thoroughly mixed and much of the sweetener has dissolved (3-5 minutes).
- Add in egg, mixing until just incorporated. The mixture will appear slightly 'broken' (i.e. not thoroughly smooth).
- With your mixer on low, add in half of your flour mixture- mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the rest.