Super Moist Banana Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled (240g)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 14 oz mashed or pureed bananas (400g)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar (100g)
- 1/2 cup mild flavored vegetable or canola oil (120ml)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 vanilla beans* (or 2 tsp vanilla extract)
- 2 medium-sized bananas, chopped
- 1 tbsp granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 banana, halved
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Line a 9x5 inch (23x13cm) loaf pan with parchment paper with an overhang around the edges to easily lift the bread out of the pan after baking.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk, whisk mashed bananas and brown sugar just until combined. Slowly whisk in oil just to combine. Add eggs and vanilla and stir just to combine. Add dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Fold in banana chunks. Transfer batter to the prepared pan.