CRISPY COCONUT SHRIMP RECIPE WITH PINA COLADA COCONUT SHRIMP SAUCE
FOR THE SPICY PINA COLADA SAUCE:
- 1½ cups pina colada mix
- ¼ cup water
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- ¼ cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red peppers
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- Zest from 1 lime
FOR THE COCONUT SHRIMP:
- 3-4 cups canola oil for frying
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp 16-20 count, peeled and deveined
- kosher salt for seasoning shrimp
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground white pepper or black
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon table salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup unsweetened or sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together pina colada mix, water and cornstarch until the cornstarch is dissolved. Bring the mixture to a low-boil over medium-low heat. Simmer while stirring 4-5 minutes or until mixture thickens.
- Add the crushed pineapple, coconut, crushed red pepper, salt, lime zest and lime juice and whisk well.
- Bring the mixture back to a low boil and simmer until mixture is desired consistency, about 4-5 minutes.
- Strain the sauce through a mesh strainer over a medium bowl.
- Get more instructions >> Click Here