THE BEST VEGAN SALTED CARAMEL TART
An easy to make almond oat shell with the creamiest and most delicious salted caramel filling! Gluten free if you can have oats or find gluten free oats and 10 ingredients.
- 2 cups almond meal
- 3/4 cup rolled oats, blended into a flour
- 1/4 cup unrefined coconut oil, melted and at room temperature
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup (make sure it’s labeled gluten free if needed)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
SALTED CARAMEL FILLING:
- 6 1/2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 cups canned full fat coconut milk
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 5 1/2 tbsp cornflour*
- 1 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix together the almond meal and oat flour into a large bowl. Add coconut oil, rice malt syrup and vanilla extract and mix until it’s all combined and forms a dough. The mixture should stick together when pressed but isn’t sticky. Add a tiny splash of almond milk if needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (356°F). Press the dough into a non stick 25cm tart pan with a removable bottom (see tart shell notes above). Place the tart pan on a baking tray, this makes it easier to get the tart shell out when it’s hot. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden. Set aside to cool completely.