A tender buttery cookie cut into fun shapes and baked then filled with sweet raspberry jam. Perfect cookie for the holidays!
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup (96g) slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter , softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar , plus more for dusting
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 8 oz strawberry or raspberry jam , seedless if preferred (preferably freezer jam)
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cinnamon, salt and baking powder, set aside. In a food processor, pulse almonds with brown sugar until finely ground, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, whip together butter and powdered sugar on low speed until combined, then increase to medium-high and whip until creamy, about 1 minute. Mix in egg, then blend in vanilla and almond extract.
- Mix in almond mixture, then with mixer set on low speed, slowly add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Click here to view complete recipe