RUM CAKE WITH BUTTER RUM GLAZE
Moist and delicious rum cake topped with a butter rum glaze is the perfect ending to your holiday dinner.
Non-stick cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3.4 ounce box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup light rum
Butter Rum Glaze
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously spray a standard 10-inch bundt pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle walnuts evenly on the bottom of bundt pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, pudding mix, baking powder, baking soda and salt and set aside.
- Using an electric mixer cream butter and sugar. Stir in vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract and rum.
- Click here to get more instructions