Easy All-Butter Flaky Pie Crust Recipe
This pie crust recipe, rather pie crust method makes consistent dough and makes dough that’s a dream to roll out. Using a food processor in this recipe eliminates variability. If you have one, use it. With that said, you can do this method by hand. Directions are provided below for using a processor and by hand.
YOU WILL NEED
- 2 1/2 cups (325 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar, optional
- 1 cup (230 grams) very cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2-inch cubes (2 sticks)
- 4 to 8 tablespoons ice water
- Add 1 1/2 cups flour, salt and sugar (optional) to a food processor.
- Pulse 2 to 3 times until combined.
- Scatter butter cubes over flour and process until a dough or paste begins to form, about 15 seconds. (There should be no uncoated flour).
- Get more instructions >> Click here